Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Hangul basics

All good here, a long first day in the office with lots of good time to chat through a range of possible projects to work on while I'm here.

This evening I found a local bar to read through some things for tomorrow, and having just got back to my flat, found this great site: Learn to read Korean.

You should be able to get the alphabet memorised in less than an hour, as it's truly the most wonderfully logical alphabet I've ever seen. I'll have to go through it all again tomorrow to get it into long term memory but for the time being I can practice on the many signs plastered outside my window. I've just got a few of the basic words memorised, though I'm still really in Chinese mode at the moment.

Anyway, long day, so I'll leave it at that for now.

No comments: