Monday, July 07, 2008

Weekend in pictures

A busy weekend of sightseeing in Munich. Not much time for discussion for now, but I'll leave you with some photos. We were lucky enough to get into the new synagogue on Sunday morning, which is a rather dehumanised building, though spacious and light inside. The opening of this new synagogue has been hailed as a triumph for the advancement of Munich over the last few years. The Orthodox priest in the foreground is not, as far as I'm aware, part of an intercultural exchange, though there is a church just next door:
Munich synagogue
Prior to this, on Saturday I had been to the modern art museum, which is a wonderful space, with some powerful contemporary art, helped greatly by the architecture which surrounds it. Click for a huge version of this photo (a nine shot panorama):

Pinakoteka Moderna Munich
They had a small selection of classic cars, and I was particularly taken with the reflected lines on the body work of this one:
reflections on a dream
And on Saturday evening I took myself back to the beer garden (the closest place to where I'm staying to get food) where I helped myself to a glass as I went through some work. Somehow the paper was all out of focus by the end of the drink!
glass completely empty
See a few more of my photos from Munich here.

No comments: