Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Two days to go until the official hand in date. I think I'm supposed to be feeling stressed at the moment but I guess I did all that over the last few weeks. There are still a few bits and pieces I'm not ecstatic about but I can hopefully get them sorted tomorrow.

I think I've got a few interesting projects to work on soon. For those of you not working in String theory, skip this bit....
I want to study the relationship between quark mass and meson mass using deformed geometries. I know that in the case of Constable-Myers though the masses follow the Gell-Mann-Oakes-Renner relation at low energy, chiral symmetry is restored for high masses and so the relationship becomes linear. I think that even when the physical coordinates aren't known, I should be able to calculate the eigenvalues to prove that chiral symmetry breaking really doesn't occur. Anyway, that's project number one....we'll see. First I'll hand in and relax for a while.

No comments: